Wild game potato ravioli
“Mauro Uliassi from Senigallia is a great long-distance racer. He began with a muted pace in ’86 and the “Pizzeria da Mauro”. Then in the 1990s, after fifteen years of teaching at the Hotel School of Senigallia, he upped his step and, with his sister Catia, opened the Uliassi restaurant. The three stars have arrived at their own pace one per decade demonstrating a constant and growing quality: the first in 1995, the second in 2008, and the third in 2018. With him, the culinary traditions of the Adriatic coast are constantly being transformed through the widest of influences and through original dishes that serve to elaborate the historical offerings.”
Ingredients for 4 people
1kg of mixed potatoes cooked in steam at 145 ° C and put through a sieve
300 grams of flour 00 and 2 whole eggs
400 gr chicken or pigeon liver
200 gr of woodpigeon heart
100 gr of chicken gizzards
150 gr of game (Woodcock)
200 gr of duck foie gras
250 grams of cognac
150 gr of white wine
150 gr of truffle
50 gr extra oil
40 gr of hazelnuts
- Chop the livers into mince.
- Chop the hearts and gizzards into mince.
- Chop the woodcock meat into mince.
- Brown the garlic in oil and butter with a third of the fat.
- Add the minced liver, salt, pepper and herbs, brown for one minute over high heat.
- Remove everything and flambé with the cognac.
- Do the same thing with the hearts and the woodcock meat which should instead be bathed in white wine.
- Put all the juices obtained and the browned meats together and mix with the fois gras.
- Prepare the potato ravioli by rolling the dough out and cut out into circles. Place some filling in the center of each disc and cover with another circle to form a raviolo.
- Cook the ravioli in abundant salted water; sauté with a little sage and butter; sprinkle the finished pasta with caramelized hazelnuts.